Tuesday, June 21, 2011

The Inagural Post of The Sister Book Club

If you are like SOME people (who think we are complete WEIRDOS) you might be wondering, why a sister book club?

Well, for one, I love reading and so does my sister.

That really should be enough, but of course, people like more than one reason generally. So, I'll also add that my sister and I are BFFs and what is better than doing some you love and having fun with your BFF?

Finally, I am moving to California in one month and this will be a fun way to stay connected to my BFF who is living in smelly old Indiana.

We are both very fast readers and provided we have the time, may be reading and discussing a lot of different books on this blog. If we get busy? Well, you'll just see less. We're pretty simple.

We already read one book (before we created this blog): Sweet Valley Confidential by Francine Pascal. If I have time and the inclination I will write a review. The short and sweet review goes like this: So much hope, and so much disappointment.

Our second book that we are starting today is House Rules by Jodi Picoult. One of the challenges of the sister book club is that we have very different tastes in books so we have to work hard to find mutually agreeable books. This was one we could agree on.

Off we go!

2 comments:

  1. Sisters + reading = most awesome club ever

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I downloaded House Rules today, so when you get it done I'll check out what you guys have to say about it.

    ReplyDelete